Makeup Artist & Author of How to succeed in the beauty business

Thursday 8 March 2018

I know I know I'm just as surprised as you are!



Last year, whilst writing my book, How to succeed in the beauty business, I decided to unfriend, delete and block my blog. It was quite a sudden breakup, we had been together for many years and I didn't give much warning which is something I still feel guilty about. I didn't leave a note, in fact I left nothing at all. I just hit "delete all" and left. No long goodbyes, no "it's been nice knowing you, thanks for everything". Nothing.



You see I used to love blogging. It was my rebellion against all the "tat" I saw online that I didn't like and couldn't relate to. It was a place where I could be honest, be myself and talk about things that I thought were important. But trying to self-publish a book along with a blog was just a step too far so I made a choice and my book won. Now don't get me wrong I love my book. I would go so far as to say that I adore it, but I've had a blog on my mind recently. Instagram is fun and all but sometimes I just need something more and a picture accompanied by a few lines just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.
So, as I sit here on the cold floor of my new downtown apartment in Vancouver Canada, (it's the only place I can pick up free Wi-Fi) I am saying to you that I'm so glad to be back. 
I know it's the right thing to do and I'm so happy to be here.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig