Makeup Artist & Author of How to succeed in the beauty business

Friday 27 April 2018

Skincare update




Something happened in the first two weeks when I moved to Vancouver. I felt new, revitalised and that I wanted to invest in myself for my new Canadian life.
.........................................................Not buying it? Ok I just wanted to treat myself to something. Well more than just one thing, many things. As I had been trying to save for so long as well as self-publishing my book, I decided that I wanted to treat myself. Did I say that already?
So, here's what I bought:






Quick review:

Value for money: 4/5
Easy to use: 4/5
Worth making your bathroom sink green for: 5/5
Overall: 4/5



So, don't laugh too hard but I went into Lush to get a present for Paul.
They do some nice products for beardy blokes, so I innocently went in for him but then got distracted.
I left $156 poorer with two products for Paul and.......four for me.
Pretty good ratio right:)
My skin has put me through a lot over the last 15 years after a severe bout of acne as a teen only to be replaced by hormonal acne in my twenties.
I decided to get back into a proper cleansing routine so I picked this product up. 
Think of it as having a rough marzipan type texture that is a thick paste until you mix with water.
Then just give your face a scrub and wash off using warm water.
Now it won’t remove your makeup regardless of how nicely you ask it so don't bother.
Best to take your makeup off first and then give it a whirl.
It makes your skin have a squeaky-clean feel and the smell is refreshing in the morning.
Only negatives would be that it doesn't remove makeup and if you're a bit funny with certain textures, like this little snowflake right here, the feeling of scooping some out of the container can be a bit challenging especially when some gets under your nails, but it’s worth it, pinkie swear.





  
Value for money: 5/5
Easy to use: 5/5
Worth hiding the receipt from your husband: DEFINITELY!


All joking aside I forgot how much I love this moisturiser.
I used to religiously use it every day but after cutting back on spending last year, I ran out, didn't repurchase and then it fell out of my brain and I forgot about it.
It is hands down one of the nicest moisturisers I've ever used and the fact that it is just packed full of good stuff like aloe vera, avocado and sesame seed oil makes it even better.






Quick review: 4/5
Value for money: If it works it’ll be 5/5
Worth trying to explain to Paul why I’m putting “weird stuff” on my lashes at night? Nah.


While cruising through Sephora's website looking for love, I decided that it's about time that I get serious about things, really start trying and stop messing around.
So, I bought an eyelash serum.
Couldn't help it, I blame @lauras_views on Instagram for introducing me to lash enhancing serums.
Originally, I wanted to get the iGlow one but for some reason I just couldn't place an order on their website, so I went for this one instead.
It's too early to tell if it works as it can take 3-8 weeks to see proper results but after around 2 weeks of use I can see a subtle difference.






Quick review: 5/5
Value for money: 5/5
Make you want to eat a papaya? Not particularly.


This wasn't a new purchase but I thought it deserved a mention.
I bought this after getting a facial for my non-hen hen party before getting married last year.
I am prone to getting clogged pores and lots of bumps along my chin, so I was advised that I should start exfoliating more.
Most exfoliators have a rough texture but this one doesn't as it's a cream mask.
Apply it either directly on a troublesome area or all over your face, avoiding your eyes obvs.
Leave it on for a maximum of 15 minutes and then cleanse off.
I noticed a difference in my skins texture immediately after washing it off.  






Quick review: 5/5
Value for money: 5/5
Make you want to watch Titanic? Nah


While in Lush, shopping for Paul as I so selflessly mentioned, I decided that why cleanse and moisturiser but leave out toner. 
I picked up the small size bottle that smells of real rose petals and it feels really soothing on the skin.
Just spray a few pumps on a cotton pad and massage over skin after cleansing.







Quick review: 4/5
Value for money: Too early to tell
Make me look like Jane Fonda when I’m 80? Here’s hoping.



Ok so I know this one is a little on the spendy side but as an eye cream virgin I decided to go big or go........wrinkly!
I was reading good reviews of it online, as I knelt in front of the stand in Sephora, looking like I was saying a quiet prayer, when the sales assistant asked me if I was ok.
I told her what I was looking for and she said that this one would be good for me because I'm not that old and don't need anything too crazy.......
I don't lie I promise it happened.
Anyway, I had made up my mind before she barged in to buy it, so I added it to my basket.
Ever wonder if the day will come when Sephora will offer you a trolley when you enter the store instead of a basket?
I know I hope so too.
So far, I really like it
The texture is thick, but it disappears into the skin like a silicone-type primer.
It isn't heavily scented and is the type of product that you look forward to putting on before bed.
In terms of its anti-aging properties if you see a picture of me on Instagram with skin as supple as a 5-month-old you know why.


C,x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig